In the 1950’s a handful of Pace residents, who wanted to contribute to their community, founded the Pace Volunteer Fire Department. Originally located in a tin garage on Floridatown Road, Pace Volunteer Fire Department became established as a corporation in January 1959. Milton Fire Department donated one of the first trucks used by Pace Volunteer Fire Department which was housed at a residence on Floridatown Road.
As the community of Pace has grown, so too has the fire department. Re-designated as Pace Fire Rescue District (PFRD) in 2007, the department became a combination department housing both volunteer as well as career personnel. Currently Pace Fire Rescue District has a total of 22 career Firefighters spilt into 3 separate forty eight hour shifts (commonly referred to as a watch) with five personnel per watch. Volunteer Firefighters supplement the career personnel serving when their schedules will allow.
On March 15, 2008 Pace Fire Rescue District moved its Headquarters to the current location at 4773 Pace Patriot Boulevard.